SPN - RECIPES
KETO FRIENDLY PIZZA DOUGH
2020 / JUNE
- For best results purchase whole seeds and blitzing the flax seeds and sunflower seeds yourself. This also allows for roasting the sunflower seeds before hand, removing chaff and increasing flavour.
- Golden Flax Seeds seem to yield the best results, but either is fine.
- There are many different types/brands of Coconut Flour, all of which have a different texture, and varying degrees of grittiness and/or buttery flavour notes. This will have impact on flavour, texture, and the liquid absorption.
Makes 2 pizza bases.
- Ground Golden Flax Seeds 375g (1 1/2 cups.)
- Ground Sunflower Seeds 125g (1/2 cup.)
- Coconut Flour 125g (1/2 cup.)
- Salt 5g (1 teaspoon.)
- Water 500g (2 cups.)
- Olive Oil.
- Pizza Topping(s) of Choice.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (ideally with convection fan.)
2. Add water to a pan. Bring to a boil.
3. Turn off the heat, add salt, stirring it.
4. Add golden flax seeds, sunflower seeds, and coconut flour.
5. Mix until achieving a dry and dough-like consistency.
6. Divide into two equal halves. With a rolling pin (or equivalent) roll each ball out flat onto a baking sheet. Aim for a dough thickness of 1mm.
7. Using a fork, lightly stab the dough (without penetrating completely.)
8. Drizzle and spread a light coating of olive oil on the dough.
9. Place in the oven for 10 minutes on the middle rung.
10. Remove the dough from the oven. Flip it over (warning: it is very hot.) Fork uniformly, and drizzle olive oil, spreading a light coating onto the dough.
11. Return it to the oven for 5 minutes on the middle rung.
12. Remove from the oven, flip the dough, and add a light and even coating of butter.
13. Add toppings, place back in oven for 10 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven, add any extra garnishes desired, and serve.